Thursday, 01 August 2019
FSC Ecosystem Services Training in Pietermaritzburg, SouthAfrica, August 21-22, 2019
Training is for FSC forest management certificate holders, certification bodies and stakeholders who are interested in the ecosystem services concept.
The course will provide a practical understanding of the FSC Procedure for Ecosystem Services. FSC-PRO-30-006, the measurement and certification of the impacts on water, soil, carbon, tourism, and/or biodiversity assets, along with information on how to communicate the benefits to external stakeholders.
The training is for FSC forest management certificate holders, certification bodies and stakeholders who are interested in the ecosystem services concept and application within FSC Forest Management certification.
- Introduce the FSC Ecosystem Services tools, specifically providing knowledge on the FSC Ecosystem Services Procedure FSC-PRO-30-006
- Capacity development on the implementation of the FSC Ecosystem Services Procedure
- Provide knowledge on the role and requirements for Certification Bodies during the evaluation of ecosystem services impacts
- Share examples, case studies and lessons from recently certified organizations
- Acquire knowledge about the various ways to benefit from demonstrating ecosystem services impacts, including building skills to sell your project
Date: 21 -22 August 2019
Venue: NCT Forestry Co-operative Limited,Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Cost: 2700 ZAR
Please confirm participation via Manushka Moodley m.moodley at fsc point org.